Monday, December 12, 2011

Post 14: Implementing a Lean Process

I decided to organize and clean our living room for my lean process.  The living room is always cluttered with garbage and other random items.  It also is not the cleanest area of the house so I took time to thoroughly clean every part of the room.  Also, the original set up we had with the furniture and TV made for a real disorganized area.  It wasn't the most comfortable set up and I thought we could open up a lot more space just by rearranging everything.

To begin the process I vacuumed and dusted the entire area.  This helped everyone have a cleaner sense of well being when we were all gathered in the living room.  After this was done I rearranged the furniture and TV in a way that it would open up more space.  Before, there was a lot of bumping into furniture and other people which got annoying and painful at times.  This new arrangement opened up space for everyone to sit comfortably.  I was able to wrap up and organize all the electronic cords so they weren't just laying randomly on the floor.  Our living room didn't have a light in it so I took two lamps that nobody was using and placed them in different areas of the room to promote better lighting so it wasn't so dark and dull in the room.

Overall, this all helped me and the other roommates understand that a little work can drastically improve certain situations.  There is a better sense of well being when relaxing in the living room.  It is much cleaner and better organized which makes it more enjoyable to be in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment